Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What next?? We figured we should even out the numbers......

At this point in time the Roadie was completely finished and we had Mopar fever! With the new Challenger out we were looking for an e body to restore into a restomod, that is a restoration with modern components like a new 6.1L Hemi from an SRT Challenger.

A picture is worth a 1000 word right!!!


Now we just need a car.....easier said than done. These babies are not for the faint of heart. E bodies are the most desired of mopars and they do not come cheap. So I was off on another goose chase to find a dream car. After searching for a solid month I found what I thought to be the right car. We purchased it sight unseen from Boston with the assurance that the body and frame were in great condition. It was a 340 matching numbers car with the incorrect striped on her. B5 blue automatic with black interior. Sounded perfect and for $15000 I thought she would be. Here a picture is worth $15000 but not the car. Lesson learned don't ever buy a car without seeing it with your own 2 eyes or someone you trust seeing it!!




I know you are probably saying if I had an extra $15k laying around I would have gotten burned too. Let me remind you that I took these pictures once the car arrived so to the untrained eye she still looked great. The bottom was covered in undercoating and the recent paint job covered up rust on the exterior. She was a 7 from 15 feet away. The entire frame was rotten and the body had been welded and filled everywhere. She was a matching numbers car with plenty of documentation. I found a guy, Cuda John on ebay who grew up around the corner from the car knew its history and purchased it from me. I could not afford to rebuild the car with all the damage it had and future needs. I was fortunate to get out of the car and motor with a break even and no loss. Shipping and tranny rebuild killed me on this deal, luckily I was able to return the suspension I purchased for $4000 to go on the car.

The hobby is fun but you always have to watch out for people that are making money scamming others...

The motor went in a 69 charger in Switzerland so it went to good use. Those Swiss guys love MOPARS too.


No comments:

Post a Comment